Ep 53: Erasing Shame as an Asian American with DJ ChuangMay 12, 2023
Today DJ Chuang tells how he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and openly shares about his mental health journey as an Asian American male.
DJ Chuang works as a digital strategy consultant and is Director of Christian Asian Mental Health (camh.network) to advance compassion and care in Asian American churches for everyone. He co-hosts the Erasing Shame podcast (erasingshame.com and graduated from Virginia Tech. He blogs at djchuang.com and lives in Orange County, California.
Highlights from today's episode:
- Listen to DJ's story of how he discovered he had bipolar disorder
- DJ shares what he needs to manage his mental health
- We talk about the cost of therapy and what DJ thinks is less important than therapy.
- When did DJ start telling people about his bipolar disorder and how did he share it with his family
- AARP Resources for Asian American families
- Prepare to Care digital course, enroll NOW at https://www.valueofwrinkles.com/prep-to-care
Other episodes you might be interested in:
Grab a copy of my book!
Wondering how you can bless older people in your life or community? Read my book to hear my story of how I found a career path in the aging services/senior care field.
Introduction done by : Felicia Gunawan (Check out Episode 51 to hear from her)
A special thanks to AARP for sponsoring the Asian American series of The Value of Wrinkles podcast!