"It was simple, easy to understand, doable, and practical. I enjoyed it and learned so much."
"Isabel's approach opened my eyes to the perspectives of the loved ones who are being taken care of and encourages me to have open conversations with both my grandparents and my mom as well."
"I LOVE the fact that Isabel is helping me think about these things BEFORE they happen..."
If you've been spending more time with Google than with your parents & older loved ones, then Prepare to Care is a MUST.
Prepare to Care will:
Help you go from panicked to prepared as you care for your parent, grandparent, older relative or friend.
Minimize the overall stress you'll experience as your loved one declines because you have thought ahead
Save you time, energy, and sanity as you learn what tasks are TIME SENSITIVE and MOST IMPORTANT
Offer ways to initiate conversations respectfully with your loved one
Equip you with tips on how to avoid family drama (and promote family peace!)
Give you direction so that you will experience less overwhelm and be able to cherish the time you have now with your aging family member or friend.
Prepare to Care Digital Course features:
Over 15 short videos to guide you
As you juggle tons of things and need something to fit your busy life. Watch on your desktop or an app!
1 BONUS video just for your elder
Because sometimes it helps when someone else can initiate the conversation.
A workbook to download or print
Since you want to learn as much as you can. Not for the grades, but to give the best to someone you love.
Investing in someone you love is never a waste.
Four Units (packed with content worth over $300!)
Unit 1: Prepare to Care Basics
Unit 2: Three Steps to Conquering Conversations
Unit 3: Promote Family Peace
Unit 4: Discussing & Documenting Healthcare Decisions
Meet Your Instructor, Isabel.
Here are 5 things you should know about me:
- I'm the author of The Value of Wrinkles: A Young Perspective on How Loving the Old Will Change Your Life. I speak, podcast, and basically do whatever it takes to help people value the older generation more!
- I grew up in a multigenerational household with my Mama and Yeye (paternal grandparents in Cantonese). They took care of me when I was younger and I was blessed beyond measure to take part in caring for them until the passed at 98 and 102.
- Professionally, I've worked at Erickson Senior Living and Montgomery Hospice. Both experiences allowed me to love my elders more. I am so grateful to have learned from some of the most skilled and compassionate professionals.
- I am a PK (pastor's kid) and was blessed to have a dad who humbly loved his parents. His love for God and his family inspires me as I create, write, and speak.
- I am an ABC (an American-born Chinese) and over the years have come to appreciate my heritage so much more (I also wish I paid more attention at Chinese school!).
- I am a wife, a mom of three young kids, and I am always learning and growing.
Disclaimer: While I am a healthcare professional, I am not a medical doctor. The content of this course does not constitute any professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The content of this course applies to caring for an older adult, yet may not pertain to every individual's situation. Always seek the advice of your loved one's medical provider regarding any questions or concerns you have about your loved one's specific health. This course contains educational and informational content, but is no substitute for personalized advice or treatment from a medical professional.