Ep 63 (Q+A) How Do you Deal With Parents Who are Really Difficult?Aug 17, 2023
How do deal with aging parents who are difficult, challenging, sometimes stubborn and resistant? Dealing with elderly family members who are difficult can leave you as an adult child or grandchild stressed and frustrated. Listen to today's episode to get three tips on how to care for "difficult" family members.
- 3 things to remember when you have "difficult parents"
- Not think of them as a "difficult person"
- It will take longer and more energy to care for someone who is challenging. The video I have below will help.
- The Silver Post (intro done by the founder) The Silver Post coupon code for $5 off the annual subscription - Go to https://www.hello.thesilverpost.com/ and use this code on an annual subscription. This is a super fun and easy way to connect with family especially if you're busy.
- Podcast episode from Montgomery Hospice Center for Learning, "Working with Challenging Families" with social worker Lisa Frank
- FREE video from the Prepare to Care course. Show this video to your aging parents/older loved ones- valueofwrinkles.com/talk (also available in Mandarin now!)
Intro by: Carolyn Dalle-Molle, Co-founder of The Silver Post
Sign up for my newsletter: valueofwrinkles.com/signup