Ep 28: Steve Roberts, 79, Remembering Cokie + How Adult Children Can Support A Newly Widowed ParentNov 18, 2022
Have you ever wondered how you can support an aging parent who is newly widowed? I had the chance to interview Steve Roberts about the loss of his wife, Cokie Roberts, who was an American journalist who just led the way for female leaders not just in journalism but in many other career paths. It really is a special conversation I have to share with you today.
- How Steve’s two children have supported him as he grieves their mother’s death
- Two main points. Be there in ordinary life, not just special occasions + don't be judgmental
- How adult children can be critical of the remaining parent in particular when it comes to remarrying, moving, how they spend their time.
- We talk the public Cokie and the private Cokie and how writing helped Steve Roberts grieve.
- Episode 24: Steve Roberts, 79, Why Grandparent?
- Episode 26: Steve Roberts, 79, Maintaining Connections on Both Sides of the Political Spectrum
- **Special deal - Sign up for my email list at valueofwrinkles.com/signup and get a $40 off coupon for my Prepare to Care course. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Prepare to Care digital course
- Get Steve's book, Cokie: A Life Well Lived